P G E Why can't they be regulated ?

How can P G E Pacific Gas & Ele, How can they raise prices when money is so tight for everyone when people are freezing to death, Who is in charge of them ?

I keep the lights off as much as possible, the heat Low, unplug things that are not in use. The T.V. is on part of the day, We have an apartment with single pain windows, I have heavy curtains up over the windows to try to keep the heat in. C & R is the Managing company for the Apt's they wont insulate , even if they did they would raise the rent I HATE APT LIFE!!!! Are bill went up from $35.00 to $112.00, this month it was $99.00

I'm in Oregon how do I find that infor

From Shep ?

• Shep
    Best Answer

PG&E is regulated by the state PUC (Public Utilities Commission) they regulate privately-owned utilities in your state, including electric power, telecommunications, natural gas and water companies.and all rate increases must be approved through this entity. For example, I live in California so my PUC is the CPUC, (California Public Utilities Commission),

If I were you, I'd file a complaint concerning these rate increases and what will wind up happening is you'll get a call from PG&E executive in attempt to explain why the increases were needed. All complaints filed with the PUC are then handed off to the utility to handle. If they don't handle the complaint properly, (to your satisfaction) the utility can get fined by the PUC.

I'll link a website below that shows you how to file a complaint.

Good luck.

All rate increased need to be approved by the Public Service Commission of your state. Rates just can not be increased without governmental approval.