Is media making you dysfunctional?

discuss whether or not you believe the amount of media you consume has placed you in a narcotized dysfunctional state of mind and body

Favorite Answer

The media itself is dysfunctional in many ways. Promoting undesirable values without much restraint and a large number of ppl involved in producing media have little regard for the impact of continuous exposure, esp on the children, impressionable and family life.

The speed at which information and imagery is presented along with continuous sensory stimuli, it can leave one in a drugged like state, esp if one is exposed for too long and without much mental filtering. You can become "programmed" to believe almost all you are being presented with.

After awhile, your body becomes uncomfortable when there is no TV or radio around to bombard your senses, due to a dependency forming to such media content. The body and mind craves such stimulation regularly.

From what I notice, though the body and mind can become dysfunctional as an effect of media, the real dysfunction lies in the media itself for failing to promote influences that keeps dysfunction at bay and for allowing even distorted realities or dysfunctional life values to flourish as popular content.

Sad.

I HATE the media. I believe it does make people, including myself, dysfunctional, so I don't even like to watch the news anymore. All they do is scare people and ruin the country. Especially CNN.

Yes!!!!!!!!