What does high wbc count mean ?
if the person has no signs or symptoms of infection, they're not sick, and don't have leukemia.
- ?Lv 51 decade agoBest Answer
High white blood cell count could indicate
• Tissue damage (from burns)
• Use of certain medications, such as corticosteroids, antibiotics or anti-seizure drugs
• Chronic bone marrow diseases such as a myeloproliferative disorder
• Acute or chronic leukemia
• Diverticular Disease
• Intense exercise
• Severe physical or emotional stress
It is important to say that high white blood cell count would be considered normal in certain situations:
• Pregnancy in the final month and labor may be associated with increased WBC levels.
• Spleen removal could grant persistent mild to moderate increased WBC count.
• Normal newborns and infants have higher WBC counts than adults
• Too much smoking could also cause an increased WBC count.
- LisaLv 61 decade ago
It's an indicator of infection. They might not have signs and symptoms, but the elevated wbc does indicate an infectious process.