Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Does anybody out there have any memory of the reason given for the establishment of the DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY?

The Department of Energy was instituted on 8-04-1977, under guess who? Jimmy "I love Hamas" Carter. Obama's clone, both Democrats by the way.

And for what purpose? To LESSEN our dependence on foreign oil.

Did it work? NO so whats in the Obama's budget for it?

AND NOW IT'S 2009, 31 YEARS LATER ... AND THE BUDGET FOR THIS "NECESSARY" DEPARTMENT IS AT $24.2 BILLION A YEAR

Hey, pretty efficient, huh?????

THEY HAVE 16,000 FEDERAL EMPLOYEES AND APPROXIMATELY 100,000 CONTRACT EMPLOYEES

So yes I agree with Rush, I WANT and HOPE that the agenda of Obama FAILS and wasteful spending is STOPPED!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Department of Energy, One of the Dems better failed Agencies.

This toothless tiger much along the lines of Federal EPA are the

biggest waste of government spending, Even more of a waste than

Obamas Salary.

• 1 decade ago

It was just a reorganization of what started as the AEC, then ERDA, then NERDA. And while Carter was, and is, pretty much a dipshit, his ideas about energy conservation and independence were about the only good thing his administration managed to come up with. If you are going to attribute blame to a President, stick it to Reagan and Clinton, Reagan for basically cancelling what Carter implemented, Clinton for doing nothing during the 90s when oil was cheap and Internet Al should have been pushing for it.

• 1 decade ago

To the best of my knowledge the Department of Energy produces no energy, just like the Department of Education educates nobody. Ain't government wonderful?

• 1 decade ago

Looking for the thumbs-up button

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yep. What you said.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.