Atheists: If we weigh a car using a balance which weighs up to 5kgs?

then the balance breaks up, where is the problem?

Favorite Answer

The car weighs more than 5kgs.

• Labsci

If the car weighs less than 5Kg then the balance was not made correctly. Or the car weighs more than 5kg and broke a perfectly useful balance.

What exactly are you getting at? If this is some sort of analogy, the logic is lost on me.

.

• Tropos

You're trying to form an inaccurate analogy(god being the car and the material world being the balance). You're merely asserting that something beyond the material world exists(the car in the analogy).

What if a 5kg balance was the only balance in existence, and no object in our known universe would break it? Would it be be ok to assert that an item that would break it exists? No, you accept that no known object has been shown to exists until shown otherwise with definitive evidence.

I'm about 5"3 (maybe 5"2 and a half) and I weigh 97-100 lbs. And I do a lot of sports like xc and swimming.

Obviously there is a mismatch between the weight of the car ( I am assuming to be over 1000 kgs) and the balance's capacity to accommodate it. If you are trying to point to the deficiency in understanding or logic than you will have to elaborate or come up with a better example. On the other hand if this is just another bate than please use the forums. Thanks

The problem is that your 5 kg balance wasn't strong enough to support twice the car's weight (car on one pan, equivalent weight on the other).

How can the car weigh 5kg when it doesn't exist?

Well asked.

Not quite so clever as they imagine they are if they cannot see what you are saying.

Of course they don't make assumptions, which is why the balance breaks.

They don't appear to notice the disparity or even that the balance is broken.

But if they are following another agenda then these things don't matter.

• I'm guessing this question is somehow loaded...

The problem: the car is too heavy, or the balance is too weak.

The car is a Voltswagon Bug. That is the problem.