Alva asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

三句英翻中”現代化”...幫我看看對不對!

請問翻譯成中文...我這樣翻對麼??

1. This lost status then translates as a social equalizer across demographic concerns or socio-economic status.

這損失的狀態然後轉變為社會平等, (越過人口統計學的擔心或社會經濟的狀態)???

2. The far-reaching nature of Modernization, along with the difficulty in defining what modernization actually means, is two of the most advanced criticisms of the theory.

現代化的無遠弗屆性質,連同在定義現代化實際上的意義都有困難, is two of the most advanced criticisms of the theory(然後這句看不懂...)

While conceptually modernization may make a great deal of sense, it has proven difficult to narrow the thesis enough to provide a research basis in other than cross-sectional study.

當概念地現代化may make a great deal of sense (這句話看不懂),不過它已經證明縮小理論範圍去提供一種研究基礎在除了代表性的研究之外的困難度。

麻煩高手幫我翻一下~~

不然實在不懂他的意思...

謝謝

4 Answers

Rating
  • Elisa
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

In order to provide better translation, I looked up the original text.

Modernization points to the loss of status of the elderly, due in part to a decrease in reciprocity and the promise of inheritance that becomes prevalent as emerging generations rely more upon the opportunities of the modern economy and less upon the promise of inherited lands or wealth (O’Leary, 1993). This lost status then translates as a social equalizer across demographic concerns or socio-economic status. In addition, the lost status affects all aspects of the aging individual within society.

1. This lost status then translates as a social equalizer across demographic concerns or socio-economic status.

在人口統計學的考量上或社經地位(社會經濟地位)上, 這種地位的喪失,

於是被詮釋為社會平等.

2. The far-reaching nature of Modernization, along with the difficulty in defining what modernization actually means, is two of the most advanced criticisms of the theory.

現代化難以理解的性質以及其難以下的定義是現代化理論中兩個最早提出的評論

3. While conceptually modernization may make a great deal of sense, it has proven difficult to narrow the thesis enough to provide a research basis in other than cross-sectional study.

雖然概念上,現代化理論可能很合理,不過事實證明,

要縮小理論範圍到足以提供跨越領域外的研究是艱難的.

Source(s): Myself. Went abroad at age 11. With 32 years experience speaking and writing English. Tutored English as an Undergrad. A project manager in the US since 1992.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

I wont use this word mordernization if i were you.

I prefer Aggiornamento

• 1 decade ago

點數不能當飯吃

就讓我來討論您的問題

圖片參考:http://tw.yimg.com/i/tw/ugc/rte/smiley_12.gif

這種迷失的情況,再轉變成超越人口統計考量,與財經現狀之社會評等尺規。

摩登學的無遠弗界,以及其本身之難以作出實確定義,這兩個是摩登學最先進的評論。

3.While conceptually modernization may make a great deal of sense, it has proven difficult to narrow the thesis enough to provide a research basis in other than cross-sectional study.

雖然 摩登學概念可以具備很多意義,但事實證明,不跨領域去研究是難以縮短本理論範圍作探討的。

註;

這三句是比較不好翻,看的懂是需要耐心的

因為是學術上的文章

與您對該理論的認知有關係

• 旋律
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

你翻的當然不很對囉!點數太少恐怕沒有人願意幫忙吧!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.