What does Capable Wireless LAN* exactly mean?

Ok, so I sold my old computer in eBay and put this products specifications: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum...

There it says: Wireless Connectivity -- 54g Integrated 802.11 b/g Capable Wireless LAN*

I can't find extra information for that asterisk. The ebuyer now is saying that the wireless thing in the computer doesn't work, but I thought that phrase meant you have the OPTION, not like it comes ready with the computer? I installed a lynksis wireless driver to connect wireless and had no trouble, but he says that it should work without it?

What should I do? I want to get more information before even answering him, because I don't want a bad feedback, and I put in the description that the computer worked perfectly (for me it did?)

Thanks.

Sorry, but I did not understand anything of what you tried to explain...

Favorite Answer

Capable Wireless LAN is kind of a re-statement of saying it is 802.11 b/g. 802.11b/g IS the protocol of the wireless card that lets you connect. Saying it is a Wireless LAN as well is like saying "Honda Accord Family Sedan" or "Honda Accord 2-door Coupe" instead of saying "Honda Accord LX" or "Honda Accord EX."

SO it is pointless wording to make it sound more impressive.

Please select as Best ANswer if I have shed light on this for you, and I have an open question on how to fic my printer. Thanks.

Source(s): I am on 802.11N right now. Very Nice. Thanks Linksys!