Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

Los Alamitos California Mayor Dean Grose! Gross Humor or Racism? The White House Watermelon E-Mail?

Favorite Answer

People get worked up over anything. They're too politically correct these days. I don't know this individual case but if it's anything like similar cases in the past, it's either trumped up or unfounded.

Please, I live in the South and feel free to make fun of my black eyed peas, collard greens, and fried turkeys! Yum.

I know. I saw the picture. It had watermelons growing in front of the White House and a caption saying something like "Guess there won't be an easter egg hunt this year." The Mayor claims he did not realize it had a racist slur type of message. Yeah, right!

Google for the story and picture:

Mr. Watermelon E-Mail Wants to Stay on Council | NBC Los Angeles*

Black people are always saying how much they like watermelon and fried chicken,,,,but so do white people from the south,,,,heck, I love watermelon and fried chicken and I'm a cowgirl. Who cares?

Everyone knows that black don't like watermelon and they hate fried chicken and they don't make lip smacking sounds when they eat them either.

Portrayals of blacks eating watermelons have long been used as racist imagery.

Just humor.

He should have at least used his Y! account to send the email - what a 'tard.

smells like alinsky to me

What is your question?