Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

Los Alamitos California Mayor Dean Grose! Gross Humor or Racism? The White House Watermelon E-Mail?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

People get worked up over anything. They're too politically correct these days. I don't know this individual case but if it's anything like similar cases in the past, it's either trumped up or unfounded.

Please, I live in the South and feel free to make fun of my black eyed peas, collard greens, and fried turkeys! Yum.

• 1 decade ago

I know. I saw the picture. It had watermelons growing in front of the White House and a caption saying something like "Guess there won't be an easter egg hunt this year." The Mayor claims he did not realize it had a racist slur type of message. Yeah, right!

Google for the story and picture:

Mr. Watermelon E-Mail Wants to Stay on Council | NBC Los Angeles*

• 1 decade ago

Black people are always saying how much they like watermelon and fried chicken,,,,but so do white people from the south,,,,heck, I love watermelon and fried chicken and I'm a cowgirl. Who cares?

• 1 decade ago

Everyone knows that black don't like watermelon and they hate fried chicken and they don't make lip smacking sounds when they eat them either.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Portrayals of blacks eating watermelons have long been used as racist imagery.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Just humor.

• 1 decade ago

He should have at least used his Y! account to send the email - what a 'tard.

• 1 decade ago

smells like alinsky to me

• 1 decade ago

What is your question?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.