Baby food - stage 1 vs. stage 2?

Our pediatrician said our lil' one can start baby food. I was at the grocery store and noticed that there are stage 1, 2, and 3 foods. The stage 1 jars are smaller in size than the stage 2 and 3 foods. Is there any difference in the texture of the food? Take green peas - for example - are the stage 2 green... show more Our pediatrician said our lil' one can start baby food. I was at the grocery store and noticed that there are stage 1, 2, and 3 foods. The stage 1 jars are smaller in size than the stage 2 and 3 foods. Is there any difference in the texture of the food? Take green peas - for example - are the stage 2 green peas less blended than the stage 1 peas? I was only wondering because both stages were the same price (on sale) at the store. Seems like stage 2 is a better bargain - since it contains more food for the same price. Of course, I would divide it in half before feeding it to my lil' one. But if it were any different in texture, more solid, etc...then i will stick with stage 1. Just wanted to see if anyone can tell me if the difference is only the size of the jar....
thanks in advance
9 answers 9