promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 1 decade ago

Was William Wallace In Fact Robin Hood?

Think about it..

Both Wallace and Hood made surprise attacks against the English on many occassions to "steal from the rich, and give to the poor".

They were both outlaws to the english crown and were present in the same era.

They both had spouses called Marion.

Wallace's friend John Blair left the monastary to join William at the forefront of his rebellion. His other allies Edward Little and Tom Halliday rejoined his forces and the King of England.

So for a quick recap:

We have a roving band of men making surprise attacks at English garrisons and troops. William, the leader, Marion his well-to-do mistress and, by this time, around 15 fellow Scots, one of whom was named Little (Edward Little), and a to add to the similarity a Benedictine monk. Sound familiar?

In the story of Robin Hood you have a giant of a man called Little John.

It would be easy to be mixed up between the large frame of William, his friend Edward Little and possibly even William's younger brother John.

Is it possible that his younger brother was with William, and if he were it wouldn't take much to assume that he would have been referred to as 'Little John' given the size of his older brother.

Just Wanted To Hear Your Views On This Subject

Thanks

xxx

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Lilith
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I see your point however Robin Hood is set in the time of King Richard

and while on the 3rd crusades his brother King John was reining that is around 1191

William Wallace was around from around 1270 – 23 August 1305

I had wondered the same thing until I looked up dates

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The story of Robin Hood is a couple hundred years older than William Wallace.

• 1 decade ago

Maybe, maybe not. Some of the tales were invented by troubadors, like the King Arthur stuff.

Source(s): search: "William Wallace" +"Robin Hood"
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.