Which one should i get AVAST, AVG, Norton, Mcaffe?

Please just tell me one to choose as the best one from those that have used them. i also have spy bot search and destroy, should i keep it too.

does avast update itself

what about avira

• Ed G
    Favorite Answer

Out of your picks if your going to pay go with Norton Internet Security 2009. If you want a free program go with Avast. If you only want an anti-virus program go with Avira or Norton, Dump Spybot there are better anti-spyware programs out there. In fact Norton anti-spyware that is in it's program is much better than Spybot. I'm going to tell you something no else has. If you buy a program, make sure you use the free trial first. You never Know how a program is going to run on your computer. I like kaspersky which is a good program but never could get it to run right on my computer. But two of my friends have it and it runs great on their computers. So always try before you buy.

2

Source(s): Industry Top Antivirus Software - http://MoveAntiVirus.com/?EzOH

Spybot search and destroy is not a good security solution. It is made by a group of unofficial people who doesn't even have an update server of their own. Once you get Avast (paid version!) there will be no need for additional antisymmetry. Your list is all good except for AVG. AVG is really ineffective and really low rated!!!!!!! It also uses a lot fo system resource. Try it yourslef and see. McAfee offers good protection but makes your computer slow. Norton isn't as as good as the rest if said is good but is decent. AVG SUCKS!

It all depends on what you want your protection to do. Personally I like Mcafee since it's easy to use and doesn't slow my computer down.

Here are some links that compare and explain the different security suites. I really suggest that you look at these sites and decide which one is best for you. Also if after reading this you have 2 or 3 that you would like to try they all have a trail version for 30 days so you can try before you buy.

Avast

norton and Mcafee slows your pc down

and AVG is a bag of mince

I dislike norton and mcaffe through fact their searchs at the instant are not thourough(spelling?) sufficient besides i could attempt the AVG anti-virus utility that could be a lot swifter and finds extra viruses and makes ur computing device run swifter

Many people will tell you different opinons, it all depend on the person, is like asking whats your favorite color, it all depends on you, do you want a free antivirus? or are you going to buy it? if its free go for avg is relaly good, if you are going to pay, from that list go for the norton internet security or norton antivirus 09 it has been improved and it does not use many reosurces...

1. Get rid of spybot s&d. You're best product to get for all your needs is Nortons 360.

Keep spybot and get avast.Spybot and avast work great together.

Source(s): Exp. and user of avast.

i would recommend norton internet security it is really good its fast, really good protection, and reliable i am telling you this because i have it

Source(s): me and experience