Which should i choose in terms of outdoors? U of arkansas, utah state, u of montana, OK state, or northern AZ?

others you can include are montana state, texas A&M corpus christi, and u of south carolina

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

UTAH STATE!

I'll give you an overview of the area:

Bear lake is about 1 hour drive into the canyon (which, BTW, has AMAZING fall colors), there's the beav ski resort, cutthroat reservoir, wind cave (great night hike), plus the hiking and biking trails are LITERALLY in the backyard. If you live on campus, you can just walk out of the dorms and up the mountain (or bike)

Logan is a very college friendly town. Businesses and restaurants are open later than they are in the rest of the state, and the campus is very personal. Classes are small, the degree programs are very good, and USU is in the top 10 research schools in the nation. Class sizes are small, and the cost of living is cheap.

If you live on campus, you can walk to class in about 5 minutes because everything is right in close. If you live off campus there are a number of really good student living center, plus regular apartments are only $200-$400 per month (much cheaper than the rest of the state, and the other states as well).

Cache Valley is an agricultural area, and it does faintly smell like cows and agriculture, but you can drive like 5 minutes out of the valley and be in Logan Canyon, where there's 3 reservoirs at the mouth of the canyon (fishing) with bike trails running next to them, then there's camp sites all along the canyon, 1 lake mid-way up the canyon, and then bear lake at the top, which has camp sites, and AMAZING raspberries.

The student union rents equipment to students, like skis, tents, rock-climbing equipment, bikes, snowshoes, etc.

• 1 decade ago

Montana is good but Utah and NAU but have a ton to to outdoors as well Utah can be a bit of a culture shock for some due to the large LDS population but I still love the Utah outdoors

• 4 years ago

California geography: We're bigger than all the other states combined & define the culture & the language (Just ask us, & we'll explain it on TV). "Back East": Where someone goes to visit relatives; where most of California's population goes for Christmas; pretty much anywhere east of Tahoe. "Dallas": Where people play football & change planes. Other States: Where people are a LOT different & talk funny & where people go to visit their strange relatives. i.e. The places that ostracized us for being weird. (Approach Other States with caution.) California: The New Corn State, The New Cheese State, & the New Potato State & the Home of the First U.S. Tsunami Warning System. also: California: Where Our Astrologers were the first Real Tsunami Warning System, Even Before Our Pets & Our Livestock California: The state that had the nerve to try to bring not just its wine but also its own Sonoma Jack Cheese to the Wisconsin Cheese Festival. ("We've Got Cheese, Too!") California: Where we spend most of our time trying to figure out how those Economic Recovery Dollars could be used to keep our schools open. California: Where we spend the rest of our time arguing whether we'd want a particular project even if it were "free" (i.e. paid by the federal govt) California: The New Religion State. If it's the first time you've heard of a religion, it's probably here. Ditto for political parties. Main entities that argue over how to spend the "free" dollars from the federal govt. that we don't have yet & listing reasons why we deserve those dollars. (Numero uno: It's our money.) California: State with the most aliases, a few of them flattering. Maybe New Mexico would like some of our gophers, squirrels, & snails. They make lovely pets, & we could sell them some. Ditto for Roof Rats. They'll lull you to sleep at night when the falling acorns don't. I'm laughing my head off at Conans Owner. Each one is hilarious.

• 1 decade ago

Utah State.

You can be at Beaver Mountain in 25 min to ski/board. There is great fishing, hiking, rock climbing 10 min. away. As a student you can rent equipment super cheap too.

Logan is a big enough town to get everything you need, but it has mountains all the way around. It's awesome.

Source(s): Went to USU
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I'd vote for Montana if you like rivers and forests.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

utah

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.