- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
vent one's spleen
Fig. to get rid of one's feelings of anger caused by someone or something by attacking someone or something else. Jack vented his spleen at his wife whenever things went badly at work. Peter vented his spleen on his car by kicking it when it broke down.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
1. a highly vascular, glandular, ductless organ, situated in humans at the cardiac end of the stomach, serving chiefly in the formation of mature lymphocytes, in the destruction of worn-out red blood cells, and as a reservoir for blood.
2. Obsolete. this organ conceived of as the seat of spirit and courage or of such emotions as mirth, ill humor, melancholy, etc.
3. ill humor, peevish temper, or spite.
4. Archaic. melancholy.
5. Obsolete. caprice.
Vent Your Spleen; If you want to complain, rant and rave, moan and whinge, gripe and whine, have your say or blow of steam
- essentiallysoloLv 71 decade ago
it means saying things when you are angry, often not very nice things.Source(s): RN
- 1 decade ago
means say unkind words when your angry