Shubby asked in SportsCycling · 1 decade ago

What are some good bmx bikes?

I was planning on getting a Kink Launch (2009) to start out on, but my local store didn't have it stocked and I don't like the idea of buying online without trying.

But the guy there did have tons of Haros and GTs in the Street/Park section. Are those good brands? I know about haro, but what about GT? Is it one of those wallmart brands like mongoose or schwinn? My price range is sub 340 bucks. The Haro i found was 280, had a built in gyro system, 3 piece cranks, and seemed light enough. ill ask for more stats when i go back. The GT was 319 and the owner insisted it was better, and I think so too. But it's a little low to the ground, and that might both me.

Should I just buy online, or are the haros and GTs good street bikes?

Favorite Answer

GT makes strong, quality ****... BUT, if you want Kink, than Kink you shall get. My suggestion would be to figure out exactly what size bike you would need. You can figure out framesizes on danscomp.com... handlebar height and width is also a factor but not nearly as important. you can adjust to all sorts of bar sizes fairly easily and if you don't like the bars that come on your bike, you can always get new ones and install them very easily! As long as the frame size is a good fit, then you should be good to go. BMX bikes aren't for comfort so you don't really have to ride it before you buy it. As long as you know the full specs of the components and all then you're fine. I would never pass up a Kink for a GT or a Haro. I'll leave a link of a chart that may help you out a bit. Bike size is all personal preference but the chart should help you get started! Hope this helps man!

http://www.danscomp.com/serve.php?serve=products/c...

I feel that GT actually do some of the best BMX bikes for street riding. They look good, and ride well. If you were thinking of a more pro bike then I would suggest looking into makes such as wethepeople aswell. And yes mongoose would be good too, I actually own a mongoose and love it :)

Source(s): Experience

shubby alert!!! but man im telling you get the kink online they are doing way better than gts and haro. Remember http://www.danscomp.com/101667.php?cat=BIKES

Bro DON'T GET A GT for a bmx bike they BLOW FOR BMX

I dunno know about harro

id go to danscomp.com and look for one id suggest a a colony!

but yeah if you buy one online you relize it comes in parts and you have to assemble it right?