What happens when you drop a class? (financial aid)?

It's my first time in school, and I am taking 5 classes. 3 online, and 2 on campus. I'm going to school for music education, and thought my music classes would be a piece of cake. They arent, and taking up as much as my time as my other classes are. I'm doing good in all the classes I have exept... show more It's my first time in school, and I am taking 5 classes. 3 online, and 2 on campus. I'm going to school for music education, and thought my music classes would be a piece of cake. They arent, and taking up as much as my time as my other classes are. I'm doing good in all the classes I have exept "Federal Government." It's not like I can't do it, its just so much more work than any other class, and I can help but fall behind. It's defintly not the best I can do.

I heard that its better to drop a class than to recieve an F. I would LOVE to do that, but can't because a federal grant has paid for my school.

How long do I have to pay the money back if I drop, and will it effect my other classes?