What songs deserve to be on Rock Band or Guitar Hero but aren't?

So.. I've been playing some Rock Band and Guitar Hero tonight, I have just about every expansion or game to come out under those titles. I've been trying to make a list of songs that deserve to be on there but aren't. Or songs that are on there for no good reason. So tell me what you think. I say that Billy Talent is one band that needs to have a song on there. Either The Navy Song or Try Honesty. And why did they pick the worst Senses Fail song? Can't Be Saved? I would have gone with Sick or Sane, or Stretch Your Legs to the Coffin Length.

PS - I'm sure that Led Zep just wouldn't give them the rights to do one of their songs, otherwise I'm sure that would have been on one of the games....

Favorite Answer

"Slidin' Home" and "Redneck Jazz" by Danny Gatton

"Country Boy" by Albert Lee

"The Claw" by Jerry Reed

"Throttleneck," "Turf's Up," "Playing with Fire," "Time Warp," "The Nervous Breakdown" and "Cliffs of Rock City" by Brad Paisley

any songs by Chet Atkins, Robben Ford, Larry Carlton, Django Reinhardt, Wes Montgomery, Johnny Hiland, Mike Stern, Monte Montgomery, Lenny Breau and Melvin Taylor

"Rollercoaster" and "Clutterbilly" by Keith Urban

"Let the Good Times Roll" by Brad Paisley feat. B.B. King

"Start a Band" by Brad Paisley feat. Keith Urban

"Luxury Liner" by Albert Lee feat. Vince Gill and Brad Paisley

"It's a Minor Thing" by Redd Volkaert

"Cluster Pluck" by Brad Paisley feat. Brent Mason, Vince Gill, Albert Lee, Steve Wariner, James Burton, John Jorgenson and Redd Volkaert

"In the Meantime/Some Other Time" by Badfinger

"Edison's Medicine" by Tesla

"Hot Wired" and anything else by Brent Mason

"Burnin' the Honky Tonks Down" by Alan Jackson (Brent Mason on guitar--Mason's mainly a session guitarist)

The reason why I have so many non-rock artists mentioned is because the game is called Guitar Hero, but basically contains only rock and metal. It's kind of like saying that country, jazz and bluegrass guitarists aren't real guitarists...the more genres, the better it'd be!

• Sheryl

I prefered Guitar Hero's main set lists plus their gameplay in general, i felt, flowed a lot more smoothly than Rock Band (band hero is a guitar hero production so i group that in) which resulted in the songs on Guitar Hero being more difficult. But Rock Band had the better downloadable content, if it was possible to mix the two it would have been perfect.

Stairway To Heaven

Wow, she's brave for even suggesting MCR, especially when anyone who buys a game with them on it would be forced to play that **** to unlock more songs. If that was me, i'd simply not buy the game just to avoid that torture. Games are supposed to be fun, not ear-rape.

Anyway, i think there should be more music like Lamb of God, All That Remains, Slipknot, Coheed and Cambria, stuff like that that is actually challenging, and not the same old stuff you'd expect.

Revalations by Iron Maiden

Any decent song that never charted well or never made an executive a million dollars.

Don't delude yourself into thinking those songs were chosen for their quality or because those musicians are somehow more special than everyone else. It's all about what sells.

a lot of songs, like AC/DC Hell yeah, disturbed, Stairway to heaven by Led Zeppelin

some old Def Leppard would be ideal for all instruments on rock band

ie-Lady Strange

• Alex

well, you can basically get any songs on rb or gh if you use custom songs. they probably need some more metal bands like bfmv.

My chemical romance - I'm not okay (i promise)

Has a lot of guitar action in that.