Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

Which MMA fighters could stand a chance in boxing?

If you were to pick 5 MMA fighters to compete in a boxing match, which fighters do you think have the best chance?

for me:

Sean Sherk- his fight w/ tyson Griffin showed how good his boxing is

Quinton Jackson- Has always had great boxing and continues to get better

"Kid" Yamamoto- incredibly fast and good boxing

Andre Arvloski- Already competing in a boxing match soon, i think he could do well

I had some other guys in mind, but they slip from me right now, your thoughts

BEFORE everybody runs off the deep in and suggest Fedor, take into account he was getting handled by Andrei (who is a good boxer)

Best Answer

Well, Marcus Davis, Chris Lytle, and Jens Pulver have all boxed profesionally, so they would be a good start, but besides them:

Spencer Fisher needs to work on his head movement, but his footwork and punches are great.

Rampage would make a decent inside fighter. He's already won a kickboxing match with, I think, Cyril Abadi, who's no slouch.

Rashad Evans looks to have good hand speed and head movement. He's also never been knocked out.

Arlovski is training with Freddie Roach and has looked good in recent outings.

Sherk has surprised me with his speed. I'd be currious to see how he does. I don't think he has too much power, though. Most of what he lands are just arm punches.

As an alternative, maybe Miguel Torres? Not the fastest guy but he's got good power for his size.

Seriously, Fedor has and probably still compete in Boxing.

And all of those guys are stand up fighters, they ARE boxers. So my answer would be that they would all do REALLY good in a boxing match, but it depends on how good the boxers is, i mean if he's a "boxing genius" or something and he's been training boxing and only boxing his whole life. It all depends on the fighters.

But yeah, they're all great boxers, so they wouldn't exactly suck at it.

Source(s): MMA/BJJ MMA does boxing(duh) We train with normal boxing gloves, too.

Andre Arvloski- Is great with his hands. You can see the speed and technique and you hear about the power

Mike quick Swick- Has got great hands and obviously knock out power

Nick Diaz - Great hands, He may actually have all ready been a boxer

How about Fedor- He knocked out Andre Arvloski

Whats his name lian uhhhhhh the Philippine Italian guy in the UFC was a muay thai champion. Uhhhhhhh he beat frank Mier and 2 other guys and they paly the fights back to back on one episode of ufc unleashed. He pokes another guy in the eye and then beats him with a guillotine head lock

Rampage

Evans

Arlovski

sherk and rampage are good, i would also suggest gsp, anderson silva, and nightmare sanchez

fedor

fedor

fedor

fedor

fedor

fedor

fedor

fedor

fedor

fedor

fedor

fedor

fedor

fedor

fedor

fedor