Do Liberals think Clint Eastwood is a racist?

He seems to think so, maybe Obama supporters can reflect on his quote, when it comes to calling anything anti-Obama - racist.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/139/20090227/906/ten-east...

Jessicar, actually Hitler was a socialist, just like Obama proposes socialist policies, who's the nazi now?

Best Answer

Honestly I think Eastwood is just part of a different generation. Spike Lee was accusing him of being a racist after Flags of our Fathers came out because there were no black people in the movie. Wether or not there were really black soldiers at Iwo Jima, i really couldn't say with any true accuracy. Eastwood responded by basically saying Spike Lee is a loudmouth jerk-off. I sort of liked that response because although I am a liberal, I think the reason the race issue stays in the limelight is because we keep talking about it constantly. I have a feeling there are some famous black people who are almost disappointed that Obama is president because it shows that anyone can do anything they want, regardless of color, nationality, etc. I know, i know, that sounds so cliche, but people of all colors and nationalities can stop blaming the white man for everything and start following in Obama's footsteps.

Spike Lee makes great films that make a lot of people consider Racial issues from other perspectives. This does not, however, give him the right to accuse everyone of being a racist just because they refuse to play his game.

Eastwood is an old guy, he is certainly not ignorant. One of his films depicts him saving the life of a wrongly accused black death row inmate. I don't think he hates black people, but he certainly harbors stereotypes that all humans have. It is also possible he just does not respect loud mouth people like Spike

You sound like a nazi now.... I don't personally know Clint Eastwood, all i really know about him is that hes an actor and a movie producer and director. But his feeling about race is of little importance since hes not in public service...

Clint made the movie, the way it was!!! If there were no black actors in that movie, its no doubt because there were non at that time on the so pacific island for that group, Good grief that idiot in gollywood that called him on the carpet obviously does not know about the history of WW2. People need to quit listening to that dam aclu! they cause more trouble than anyone!!

Words can provoke action, and so it is not a strict dichotomy between the two. Even if Hitler had never taken real action against the Jews, his hateful rhetoric I think could have motivated a lot of bigots to committ crimes. But if I had to absolutely say one is better than the other, I would say that the axiom "Actions speak louder than words" is closest to the truth:)

I doubt most people care much about Mr. Eastwood's political opinions quite frankly. I certainly don't. I have no reason to think him a racist.

I think its sad that the GOP are reduced to grasping at straws in this way.

I would have voted for Clint over Bacock.

you know he shot or punched every wisenut liberal in his movies.

Who gives a s#it. I for one am sick of all the racist black and mexican democrats I can't stand it. I wish they would take their azzes back where they came from. just a bunch of leaches

Dude, liberals think everybody's racist.

• Derek

No one cares about him.