How do you go about organizing all your "junk?"?

Seriously...where do I even start? My husband and I have moved around quite a bit in the last 5 years we've been married (7 times to be exact). We have lived in our current house for the past 3 months, but do plan on moving as soon as our last house sells and we can buy a new house (we switched jobs and... show more Seriously...where do I even start? My husband and I have moved around quite a bit in the last 5 years we've been married (7 times to be exact). We have lived in our current house for the past 3 months, but do plan on moving as soon as our last house sells and we can buy a new house (we switched jobs and towns, so we own a house and rent a house).

My question is, we have a ton of boxes still laying around b/c we don't really know where to put the stuff. How do you organize all your odds and ends? The problem boxes have stuff like extra shoelaces, video games, alarm clocks, decorations, thank you cards (new), batteries, nail clippers, etc. We already have a "junk" drawer in the kitchen that is full (more batteries, screwdrivers, tape, pens, etc). How do I organize this stuff? Most of the stuff I don't want to throw away b/c we will use it at one time or another, but we just don't have a place for it...help please:)