who do we celebrate black history month?

why not white history month?

why not W.E.T ( white entertainment television)

If we had any of the above don't you think

It would be racist,but It's okay for African Americans.

This is not my point of view but It mad me go hmm..

• Joel S
    Favorite Answer

white history month-you have italian explorer day, st patricks day and many other anglo saxon and celtic holidays holidays.

W.E.T.-well that's just about every channel except for BET lol.

Also, I can't stand BET. If I want to see blacks on TV I'll watch TVone or Vh1 Soul.

What about Black Miss America or the Black College Fund. If a person of Caucasian was to have a White only thing it would be damned and considered racist and I guarantee there would be people whining saying that's not fair. This is a racist issue, but now one wants to admit it because they just think this crap will fade away. It never will in tell people stop the BS whining of the past and live for a better tomorrow

I believe it's ok to celebrate every groups history, let people embrace where they came from and where they are now. Have pride in your ancestry and pass it on to the young.

It all comes pouring out and everyone thinks their point is right, when honestly no ones is. Racism is wrong not matter how it is used. All this does is keep racism alive.

• you know there is Jewish, Womens, Italian, German, and Polish gay/lesbian history month too right. DO some research before you make assumptions. White is not a race/nationality and can cover countries instead of all light skinned people. The only reason black people just say black history month is because we do not know what countries in Africa our ancestors came from because that knowledge was stamped out during slavery.

Why would we celebrate something that is celebrated everyday in schools. W.E.T.= CMT and all other channels on tv. White people abused there right to that when seperate but equal was not equal, look around people you have those things but since you abused your use of the word and it's institutions it is looked down on. Who is we and don't you know white people can do what they want since they are the majority. Obviously lots of white people don't care and do understand why those don't exist. This compares to a rapist hating the person he raped.

Unfortunatly if i answer this question i shall be called racist... but who gives a ****

ok, white people are considered the MAJORITY while every other race is considered minority in the USA. so we have to do all these "special" things for the minorities so they stop bitching that white people have to much glory, fame, ETC.

I agree why not have a white history month. We could learn so much from that. There are many white people that we just hear about but never really study and write 12 page papers on how thier speech made little impact on the world-yet we say it does.

pretty much the whites are becoming the minority because we dont get jack ****

Source(s): my source is my eyes

The same reason we have Hispanic History month, Asian History month and Women History month. The contribution of these groups usually goes ignored. Now I don't see you questioning women history month which usually focuses on caucasian females or the Lifetime channel.

because blacks are not the dominant population so it would be very easy for their history to become lost so this is an assertive measure to recognise the different history of African Americans and to learn from it.

acts such as slavery need to be remembered so these evil mistakes are not repeated!

go with it - you will learn something and perhaps appreciate your African Americans a little more.

I am Australian and white.

iM SOOOOOOOOOO tired of whites making commmets like that.

we could care LESS, if yuh had i white entertainment channel. that doesn't mean we have to watch it. and if yuh want a white history month soo badly then start one. BHM was started by a BLACK man. yuh can't expect black ppl or any other race to do it for you.no it would not be racist. we could care less.......

Source(s): ;D

I agree. I have been saying this for some time now. The overall consensus is that it would be racist. I personally think that is a double standard.

there are so many racists whites in the world it's sad