Does C and PF depend on size or vertical?

if nate robinson can jump as high as tim duncan (just saying he probably cant) would nate play guard or C or PF?

Update:

just a question just curious so dont be like wow hes stupid cause if nate can get a rebound over someone why not

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No, Nate will never play PF or C. Come on now. It does depend on size. You can't have a 6'6 guy playing PF or C.

Carlos Boozer is the shortest PF I've seen soo far. He is only 6'9.

Edit: I know he wasn't. I'm saying you can't have a player 6'6 and shorter be a PF or C. Let alone a 5'8 guy.

Source(s): Mamba
  • 1 decade ago

neither. It depends on rebounding ability, shot blocking ability, and low post offense/defense. Someone who is a better shot blocker and low post defender will play Center.

Someone who can handle the ball a little better and play the high post and can shoot 10-15 feet out will play PF.

It also depends on what kind of player that person can defend. Can they defend a guy like Shaq or Yao? Or are they better off guarding someone like Amare, Dirk, or Pau?

It has nothing to do with verticle leap though.

Hey Mamba, news flash Nate Robinson aint 6'6" lol he's only 5'8"!

Edit: Ok but still you can have a guy 6'6" play power forward, its not unheard of. Charles Barkley was one of the best ever. Dennis Rodman wasn't very tall either.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No,they sure don't.If Nate played the PF or C spot he will be blocked to many times

And it doesn't depend on that

The shortest current PF is Bozzer he's only 6'9 and the others like Dirk,KG,Duncan and etc are over 7'0 feet

Charles Barkley is the shortest PF in NBA history,i think he was 6'6 or 6'7 not sure

Source(s): NBA
  • 1 decade ago

Maybe he meant David Robinson?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No

Cuz he would get blocked so much.

Now I can see him playing Shooting Guard easily.

Possibly Small Forward if lots of injuries came in.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Being a big man means being BIG

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.