promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

early stage of labor 2cm, almost 38 weeks?

i went to the hospital for horrible back pain, and they said i was in the early stage of labor i was 2-3 cm dialated, and having small contractions, they gave me demoral for my pain so i can go home.....i am almost 38 weeks, and this is my second child. i have also lost most of my plug...how much longer do you think until active labor starts? what are your experiences?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hard call. I know people that were in that situation and it still took another week. Could happen fast though. Everyone is different.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I would say within 24-48 hours.....when i was pregnant with my second daughter i was getting my routine checkup at 37 weeks and my midwife checked my cervix, I was 4cm and i lost my mucous plug. When I went home my labor started around 6pm and I had my daughter the next morning...my labor definitely went by a lot quicker than my first one...Congatulations and Good luck!!

Source(s): mother of two beautiful girls
  • With my 2nd the at that time the doctor told me to go home and have sex because it would help loosen things I was not able to cause I was single but within 12 hours I was back at the hospital! Good luck sex and alot of walking!

• 1 decade ago

my friend has just had her 3rd child

child 1: born 6 hours after plug

child 2:15 hours 10min after plug

child 3: 02.5 hours after plug

so pretty unpredectible i would time contractions etc and if youve been shown how to chek your own dilation i would if your 5+ i would ring mw to be sure.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

with my baby i was three centimeters for a week and still didnt have her. the next week i went to the docter i was 5 centimeters and they admitted me to the hospital. it just depends.

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Yes. i felt contractions early within the morning they usually in which mid however they obtained extra painful via the day. however i obtained the epidural in order that helped alot. good well fortunate to you and your little one.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.