How are eye gouging punishments carried out in Iran?

I have heard that a man has been sentenced to have 10 drops of Sulfuric acid dripped into each of his eyes while away as punishment for throwing acid on a woman in 2004 and blinding her. Hearing about this has caused me to wonder about some of the logistics with carrying out this punishment. Does anyone have any... show more I have heard that a man has been sentenced to have 10 drops of Sulfuric acid dripped into each of his eyes while away as punishment for throwing acid on a woman in 2004 and blinding her. Hearing about this has caused me to wonder about some of the logistics with carrying out this punishment. Does anyone have any detailed information about how this punishment would be carried out? I would imagine that the man is scared to death. I know that I would be if I was going to have my eyes burned out with Sulfuric acid while awake. I would be interested in a blow by blow account of how this punishment would be carried out from bringing the man into the punishment room, to getting him prepared for the punishment, to the actual punishment itself, and the aftermath of the punishment. I have wondered about things such as how will the man be brought in to the punishment room. I would imagine that he would be so scared that he wouldn't be able to walk in himself. Would he be dragged in? As far as getting him prepared for the blinding, I would imagine that since he will be awake for the punishment, that he would have to be tightly bound, so that he is completely immobile. Would his head be bound with some sort of metal cage with hooks attached to each eyelid to keep his eyes pried open? How would the drops be administered. Would they use a medicine dropper or would a water pistol like gun be used to shoot the acid into his eyes? Would all ten drops be put in each eye at once or would they alternate the drops between each eye. What would be done to keep the man from biting off his tongue due to the excruciating pain that he would experience? Also, if the man were to pass out due to the pain caused by the blinding punishment, would smelling salts be used to revive him so that he would be awake to experience the whole pain of the punishment? Would those administering the drops have to wear special ear plugs to protect their ears from the loud screams coming from the man? I would imagine that due to the pain, the man being blinded would scream so loud and uncontrollably that it would be deafening. Would the woman who was blinded because of this man get to be present during the carrying out of this sentence?

What if there are complications that arise as a result of the acid causing his eyes to be infected and requiring that his eyes to be removed? Would this be done without any anesthetic as well as part of his punishment? Will the man be set free after the blinding punishment or will he have to remain in prison?

I am just curious about these things. I am pretty shocked that this type of punishment would be carried out in modern times, but understanding what the woman has gone through, I can see why so many consider this appropriate justice.