Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

If you work in the medical field could you answer please?

my sis bf has no insurance (but i told him to go to ER).

hurt his leg 2 weeks ago..thought torn muscle..now whole leg is swollen,retaining fluid and looks bad but he has no pain ..

what is it ? thanks

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I'm not sure about NY state, but in Pennsylvania if it's a government funded hospital they have to provide treatment and if you are financially qualified the government picks up the tab.

See - Hill Burton Act

• 4 years ago

A Physical Therapist is a master's degree program, so the schooling is considerably longer than a medical assistant. However, PT's are in very high demand right now, so the jobs and money are right there. Likewise, Occupational Therapists are in the same situation. They do some pretty interesting things for patients and have a wide range of areas to work in. If I had to do it over again, I might have been an OT. Really, if you're thinking about being a medical assistant, go ahead and get a 2 year RN. The pay is considerably higher and the options more open. You'll get over any squeamishness about drawing blood. Trust me.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Probably just severely bruised. It may be fractured, he really should go get it checked out before it gets worse. Worst case scenario it could be thrombophlebitis which is pretty serious. It's likely a broken bone though, so he should go to the ER.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Go to ER. Obama promised health care soon.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • I'm not a doctor. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

• 1 decade ago

It's a good reason to go to the hospital, that's what it is.

We are not doctors, we are Yahoo Answers. He needs to be seen by a doctor, not talked about by Yahoos.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Good thing he went to the ER.

:)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its a serious case of bismosis, give him 2mls of insulin post haste, then locate the cereal cortex with your left infex dinger and use a scapel to cut it open and drain the main vein...

• 1 decade ago

Sounds like he is too weak late

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

time to go to ER

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.