Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

im always wet 'down there', am I normal?

im always uncomfortably wet, Ive even resorted to wearing tampons even when I dont have my period. if I dont my underwear is really wet in a matter of minutes. and its especially bad in the mornings when i get out of bed..advice?

Best Answer

Two things will make you wet "down there"... both are normal and healthy, they both have a scent, and they're *supposed* to happen.

1) Your genitals keep themselves clean and healthy by sort of "rinsing" themselves with the fluids that they make (this will happen constantly beginning in early puberty, 24/7 for the rest of your life, but you won't always notice it)... sometimes there's quite a bit of fluid and it can leak out a *lot*, so wearing panty liners or even light pads can be a good thing to help keep your clothes clean.

2) When your body is aroused sexually ("turned on" or "horny", even if you're not doing or thinking anything sexual) your genitals will get wetter and slipperier... sometimes very, *very* wet... so that a penis can slide in there comfortably if you have sex like it's telling you it wants (you don't have to, of course).

I'm a cook, so the only things I can really compare the healthy scent of a vagina/vulva to are foods and such... and the nearest I can think of is a fairly mild combination of fresh oysters and grated truffles (the savory mushrooms, not the sweet chocolates) - musky and usually more on the sea-like side, but not "fishy" and certainly not unpleasant.

It often smells stronger when you're sexually aroused or when you're sweaty after exercise or have spent most of a day in tight pants or clinging underwear, but not always... and it tastes much like it smells, but it's a little bit salty and less sweet than the scent suggests. (Don't be afraid to taste: it can give you info that your eyes and nose - even your *doctor* - can't provide you with, in addition to the fact that it's probable your boyfriend(s) and/or husband(s) are gonna do that anyhow if they have any brains... and it's sure not gonna hurt *them*.)

If this "discharge" is clear or slightly milky (might be tinted faintly yellow or brown), slippery to maybe a little sticky or stretchy, and smells "earthy, animal and a little like the ocean", it's almost certainly healthy and good. If it smells truly fishy or otherwise bad, especially if it itches or feels irritated, then it's probably an infection and you should see a doc.

Everyone gets that so don't worry!

Get some pantyliners and change them during the day if it's still too wet.

Don't use tampons because it may cause problems if you continue.

I hope this helps!

If it's clear and odourless, it might be your normal sex lubrication. Enjoy now because, if it is, it'll dry up as you age.

Use a panty liner. This assumes you have no other vaginal concerns.

Yes

It happens to a lot of people, including me! Panty Liners are definitely the way to go. I'm not sure why this happens, but its not uncommon.

That discharge is totally normal hon. If it is really bothersome, you can wear a pantyliner overnight too. The only time you should be concerned is if it becomes thick, smells bad or has a strange color to it. Otherwise, there is little you can do about it.

• ash

You may have Bacterial Vaginosis.This infection is actually more common than a yeast infection in women. One of the main symptoms is watery discharge. Which would explain why you always feel wet. Another one of the symptoms is a really strong fishy odor. This smell usually gets worse around your period (although you don't have that yet). You may not have the order because ever woman is different therefore they present their symptoms of an infection in different ways. You should go to the doctors as soon as possible and get this checked out to be safe. It's nothing to be embarrassed about. They will take swabs and send them out for testing if they believe you have BV and in the meantime will prescribe you Flagyl which is a pill you take twice a day for a week that clears it right up. If left untreated for a long period of time BV can cause pelvic inflammatory disease so it's important to get it treated.

Go to the doctor. It may just be normal for your body but it sounds to me like you've got bacterial vaginosis, its nothing to worry about really just an imbalance of bacteria (you can get this from leaving a tampon in too long/ wearing one when u don't have your period) and can clear up on its own but sometimes you need an antibiotic to sort it out.

• hmmm.

its pretty normal but wear panitliners not tampons because they can cause toxic shock syndrome from wearing them too long or when you arent on your period. pantiliners would work better for you. alot of girls have more discharge then others but if it gets worse then maybe go to the doctor just to check. good luck hun!

I had the same thing happen to me, Im sure its normal.