what abec would you use to ollie on a skateboard?

i have new bearings n im trying to get into skateboarding, right now my abecs are 7, is this good for ollies because whenever i try doing it standing still, my skateboard keeps moving

Update:

getting back into*

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

the bearings don't really matter in terms of whether they're "good" or not at ollie-ing. most bearings out on the market weigh just about the same and contribute little noticeable effect in ollie-ing (standing still that is). you should worry more about the weight of the board (how many plys) and weight of the trucks (i.e. inependent vs venture). bearings only really come into play when your trying to do the rolling ollie (for tricks) b/c the better the bearings the faster/smoother you can go and higher you can ollie.

what's most important is your technique and balance. when you "pop" try keeping your weight forward while you slide your front foot up along the board. remember to pull your legs in too!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

ABEC 7s are higher quality bearings. They'll roll faster and smoother than ABEC 3, or 5. And if you're trying to stay still on a skateboard, DON'T get ceramic bearings.

• 1 decade ago

huh?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.