When sending an e-mail, what does Bcc and Cc stand for?

Thank you for your time.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Cc stands for carbon copy which means that whose address appears after the Cc: header would receive a copy of the message. Also, the Cc header would also appear inside the header of the received message.

Bcc stands for blind carbon copy which is similar to that of Cc except that the Email address of the recipients specified in this field do not appear in the received message header and the recipients in the To or Cc fields will not know that a copy sent to these address.

• 1 decade ago

umm cc should mean to send copys to other people but they'll know who you sent that email to. bcc means you send the email to other people but they dont know who you sent it to

Cc-carbon copy

Bcc-blind carbon copy

an example would be i send an email to 3 of my friends using bcc they would not know i sent it to 2 other people with cc they would

• 1 decade ago

CC = Carbon Copy - you're basically copying the email to other people; they can see who you sent the copies to (same as putting multiple email addresses in the 'Sent' or 'To' line)

BCC = Blind Carbon Copy - copying email to other people, but they can't see who you sent the copies to

For example:

To: john.doe@yahoo.com

CC: jane.doe@yahoo.com, bob.doe@yahoo.com

Here, Jane and Doe will get the same email copy as John, and she can see that Doe has received the same email.

To: john.doe@yahoo.com

CC: jane.doe@yahoo.com

BCC: bob.doe@yahoo.com

Everyone gets a copy, but Bob cannot see who else has received the email.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.