Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

z. asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 1 decade ago

Where can i find a poem about violation of human rights written by an author of the same country?

I need a poem about violation of human rights in a country.

However, the author of the poem needs to come from the country the poem is written about.

It can be any country, modern or recent. Also, the poem needs to be assessable in a book.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

you didn't specify that it had to come from another country, so this one from the u.s. might help you. you can locate it in the book "the black poets," edited by dudley randall.

It Was a Funky Deal by Etheridge Knight

It was a funky deal.

The only thing real was red,

Red blood around his red, red beard.

It was a funky deal.

In the beginning was the word,

And in the end the deed.

Judas did it to Jesus

For the same Herd. Same reason.

You made them mad, Malcolm. Same reason.

It was a funky deal.

You rocked too many boats, man.

Pulled too many coats, man.

Saw through the jive.

You reached the wild guys

Like me. You and Bird. (And that

Lil LeRoi cat.)

It was a funky deal.

this poem comes out of the turbulent sixties, when racial oppression was the law of the land, and black radicals (and radical members of other races) came together to fight the human right violations of segregation, discrimination, and racialized poverty and disenfranchisement.

knight wrote this as an elegy in honor of malcolm x, who had recently been assassinated. other references are to jazz great charlie parker ("bird") and imamu amiri baraka ("that lil leroi cat"), another radical poet of the black arts movement.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Human Rights Poem

• my poem that i wrote a year ago is perfect!

Human Rights

there is violation

unfairness.

i cry.

waaaaah!

how can people be so cruel!

the blacks look dead!

the whites powdery!

the latinos greasy!

the asians look like trolls!

waaaaaaah!

so mean!

BY : ME =)

hope i helped.

please look at my poems and rate them thanks

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.