z28moshi asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Is Palin & Jindal the new hope for the GOP?

I am so giddy that this is the best that GOP can come with. Anyone else excited? Next Joe the plumber is going to run for the senate. lol!

• David
    Best Answer

Lol for the GOP's sake, I hope not. Palin has come pretty close to political suicide (no doubt helped by sexism and classism), I would be pretty surprised if she were to make another attempt at the White House, and I'm not sure the Republicans are anxious to have her as a contender. Jindal, I honestly don't know much about yet, but I'm very unimpressed. They're trying to use him to "change the image" of the Republican party, a.k.a. send in one of their few brown people (so palatable to the Republican party with his mild southern drawl, and he's East Indian - the perfect minority to utilize), to attract brown voters over to the Republican party. People get all butthurt when I talk about race, but I do think it's a very real issue. I get that the Republican party doesn't want to be seen as the whites-only party, but intentional or not it seems like their tokenizing Jindal for this purpose.

And don't even get me started on Michael Steele, again the timing is just great. I'm not doubting the legitimacy of Steele or Jindal, as politicans or their dedication to their party, but something as out there as "GOP needs a hip-hop makeover" is just silly. Yes, the Republican party needs to attract younger and more diverse groups, but if they want to do that, they need to serve those interests. Why are minorities disproportionately democrats? Because they've tended to be screwed over by Republicans and their policies in the past.

The fact of the matter is most Americans are moderate to some degree, only a few are extremely left or extremely right. Those are the folks that will never vote for the other side, even if they don't vote for yours. So focus moreon the moderate folks. Maybe be more open to issues like healthcare, or education - issues that affect all Americans.

• ?

it is going to take it sluggish before the GOP gets its act mutually, if it ever does. it relatively is two events, besides: the social conservatives who choose for theocracy, and the financial conservatives who're all with regard to the money. I see a split coming, and in the event that they have any experience, the GOP will drop the social conservatives like a warm potato. it is the foremost, although: they might desire to have experience. They ran Sarah Palin in the vice chairman slot. 'Nough suggested.

No, they are the new hope for the Democratic Party. Go ahead GOPers - run Palin and Jindal! PLEASE, I beg you, run them. The ensuing general election would be the political equivalent of nuclear annihilation to the GOP.

Palin is done unless she finds a way to get some sympathy. The press buried her alive.

Jindal is not ready for prime time. He would make a great addition to Romney's cabinet though or even a VP pick.

Palin i don't support, even being a conservative. Jindal is a Rhodes scholar. Know what this is?

He's very intelligent, but he really needs to brush up on those SPEAKING SKILLS!! Heavens, i'm not in kindergarten

Jindal makes me tingle

I would rather see Romney/ Gingrich or Romney/ Jindal

Probably, plenty of hate and religion. They don't have a clue between them

i would call this the "no hope" instead of the "new hope" for the GOP. if this is the best they can find, we should be ready for a century of democratic rule.

looks bright