Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

I am an Intel ISEF (International Science and Engineering Fair) Finalist, and have college related question?

I am an Intel ISEF (International Science and Engineering Fair) Finalist, and I want to know if you put down on a college application that you were a finalist, does that almost make sure you get accepted. So you could get into almost any college?

Yeah, on my ISEF registration it said tell the college of your choice, ISEF is going to contact that university and talk to them so I think it is an plus

Favorite Answer

It will surely look good on an application, but by taken by itself, it is not going to guarantee your acceptance. A good college will take a look at the whole person. I used to work in this field, and we often gave more preference to people who were involved in such activities, as long as they were involved in other areas, had decent grades and test scores..