What are negative things you need to know about rent to own homes and Is the rent usually high?

I was just wonder if anybody has signed a rent to own type of deal to purchase their home. Is there any thing you need to know about it. I thought it would be the best option because I can't get a loan right now, and I just dont think it is easy as it sounds. I know your not purchasing the home untill you have... show more I was just wonder if anybody has signed a rent to own type of deal to purchase their home. Is there any thing you need to know about it. I thought it would be the best option because I can't get a loan right now, and I just dont think it is easy as it sounds. I know your not purchasing the home untill you have the down payment. How long do they give to come up with the down payment, or does a portion of the rent go towards the down payment.