Aidan asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

Amazon Sword Plant Care?

Okay, so I need an Amazon Sword Plant for best results for angelfish breeding. How do I care for the plant (just like the other plants?, any special tips?), and how much is it? Thanks!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Amazon Swords are easy to care for, and cost approximately $7.99 US, or $8.99 CAN. An Amazon Sword Plant can be fully submersed, or just partially submersed.

Caring for an Sword is certainly not hard and this plant is recommended for beginner aquarists. It is easy to grow and not very light demanding. It will however do best if given medium bright light. Amazon Sword can be kept even with fish that like to nibble on live plants and is also known to cope well with algae and snail attacks.

Amazon Sword originates from the tropical regions of the South American continent and prefers a water temperature of 24-28 degrees C. It can adapt to both hard and soft water. Ideally keep the pH-value between 6.5 and 7.5. The Sword plant appreciates rich gravel and will loose its coloration if deprived of iron. If your Amazon Sword turns yellow, you can feed it an aquarium plant fertilizer containing chelated iron.

Good Luck!

Source(s): Experienced Aquarium Hobbyist
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Amazon Sword Care

• RL
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

The price of these plants depend on their size. With about $10 you can get a pretty big one. Amazon swords grow really tall. They are very easy to care for. Just like other plants, it needs good lighting or else it won't grow. Lighting is the most important. There's really no special care for this plant. To help growth, you can add fertilizer tabs below their roots.

• 1 decade ago

Angelfish will spawn on a slanted ;piece of slate also. I will admit I had a amazon sword. They like the broad leafs. As far as I know, just like any other water plant.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • cheese
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Caring for an Echinodorus bleheri(sword plant) is certainly not hard and this plant is recommended for beginner aquarists. It is easy to grow and not very light demanding. It will however do best if given medium bright light. Echinodorus bleheri can be kept even with fish that like to nibble on live plants and is also known to cope well with algae and snail attacks.

Echinodorus bleheri hails from tropical regions of the South American continent and prefers a water temperature of 24-28 degrees C. It can adapt to both hard and soft water. Ideally keep the pH-value between 6.5 and 7.5. Echinodorus bleheri appreciates rich gravel and will loose its coloration if deprived of iron. If your Echinodorus bleheri turns yellow, feed it an aquarium plant fertilizer containing chelated iron.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/plants/bleheri.php

• 1 decade ago

Make sure there is enough light for it. They need high light. Other than that, nothing special!

Source(s): My sword.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.