promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What's the difference between a landing page and a portal?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A landing page is a page that is designed to capture attention and highlight key features. In marketing, it's generally used to highlight keywords and the product/service in general that's being offered. It's basically a logical extension of the advertisement a user clicks on.

If by portal you mean web portal...

A web portal is a service that features more than what a landing page would. For example, when you log into Yahoo (say it was from the main page), it usually gives you tons of options on where to go/what to do (email, stock quotes, sports scores), which, if set by you, is customized with only the features you want (your favorite sports team or stock quote). Portals are a way to give a consistent look and feel to multiple applications in the same place.

Source(s): Web/I.T. Developer
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Portal Landing Page

• R.F.
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

A web portal is a web site that aggregates information (in the form of portlets) from other pages or web sites onto a single access point, so you can have one starting point that has links to everything else.

I've never heard of a "landing page" but according to wikipedia, it's a marketing term. You might have an ad banner on someone's web page, and the "landing page" is the web page on your site where you want people to come to ("land") when they click on that ad to come to your site.

So in simple terms, you might say that a "landing page" is the receiving page visitors see when they finally come to your site, and a portal is the launching point of what visitors see that leaves them away from your site.

• jodi
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I have asked the same question many times, and did not receive a good answer

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Thanks! I think that the landing page design is one of the most important things for actually making your site profitable.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I love this question

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.