promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 1 decade ago

Forrest Gump real human or fictional character?

Stumped on this one. I have heard that the movie with Tom Hanks in it was based on a real person and real events. After some research, I read that he was a ficional character that came from a novel. The dilema is that I know that BubbaGump Shrimp products do exist and that company was real and based Alabama, I believe. Any thoughts or proof on the fictious or non fictious idea. Thanks.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Forrest Gump is NOT a real person but he SYMBOLIZES the "BABY BOOMER GENERATION" or those who were born after World War II as a whole. The events that Forrest goes through are some events that people who were of the Baby Boomer generation may have experienced. NO single person could have done all of this in his or her lifetime. It would be impossible.

Bubba Gump was a restaurant chain that spawned from the success of the movie.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Is Forrest Gump Real

• 3 years ago

The Real Forrest Gump

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Forrest Gump is a fictional character in a work of historical fiction. This is why you see mention of historical events like the vietnam war and the founding of apple computer company.

BubbaGump Shrimp did not open until 1996, 2 years after the movie was created. It is a theme restaurant based on the film/novel that sells some products in addition to serving food.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Fictional Character

• 4 years ago

Forest Gump isn't totally a real person. Although the character is losely based off a real person named Samuel L Davis. He was a Vietnam vet and did receive the Medal of Honor by LBJ. In the movie when Forest Gump receives it from LBJ, that's actually footage of Davis getting the Medal of Honor. But for the movie they CGI Tom Hanks into it. Davis didn't do all the things the movie said. But did go to Vietnam and earned then received the Medal of Honor from LBJ. For more info look up Samuel L Davis.

• Kayla4 years agoReport

Sammy L Davis would be easier to find info on him, thats the name he went by. Sorry forgot to mention that in my original post.

• daisy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The movie character, Forrest Gump, is fiction. All the events, Viet Nam, Pres. Kennedy, etc., etc., were all real events worked into the movie to create the story.

• 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/17klu

General Nathan Bedford Forest, or shall i say Grand Wizard Forest, founder of the Klu Klux Klan.

• 1 decade ago

Forrest is fiction. At least the movie is as classified by the MPAA, who calls the genre, "Fiction".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.