How can I place the recycle icon on my desktop in Vista?

It was there, but I accidentally deleted the icon instead of emptying it.

• eric c
    Favorite Answer

Go to Control Panel \ Personalize (or right-click on the desktop and select Personalize), and then choose the link for "Change Desktop Icons" on the left-hand side.

Now you can chose the icons you want back on the desktop by checking the box next to the name:

Click the Apply button, and you should see the icon show up on the desktop immediately.

Open up Control Panel and click on the Personalization options.

With all the options on the right in the big white emphasized area, it's very easy to miss "Change desktop icons" near the top left.

Click the Recycle Bin checkbox as I've highlighted above, click OK, and your Recycle Bin should reappear on the desktop.

• neil b

Right click anywhere on your desktop.

Select 'Personalize'

Select 'Change Desktop Icons' (at top left)

Tick 'Recycle Bin'

Done

• David

right click screen>personalize>change desktop icons(top left of page)

if you go on start then type in the search box recycle bin then if its not there i cannot help if it is drag it onto the desktop

start menu...then type recycling bin...then rightclick and restore to desktop