match.com scam???????????????

My dad joined match.com a week ago and a woman instant messaged him immediately. They talked for hours on end and after basically a couple days she asked him for $300. I was very suspicious because she claims to make 70 to 100,000 dollars and year and why would she need a loan. She is "in cairo" for a business trip and i thought that if she could afford that she doesnt need any money. Then she started saying i love you to him after 4 days. Her phone number belongs to a guy in new jersy and there are nobody with her name living where she claims she is living. She claims her name is audrey chloe. Now she is asking for an ipod touch and its been 6 days. My dad wont believe my judgement. do i have enough reasons to be worried????

Favorite Answer

Match.com isn't a scam, but like anywhere, whether on the internet or in life, there are people who will use people that way, and sites like Match.com is a site people like that will use for that purpose. That is DEFINITELY a scam! I'm having a little trouble believing this though. Your father is an adult. Why would he fall for such a thing? It it's true, everything that woman says and does reeks of scam. There are similar confirmed Match.com scam stories all over the internet! What woman would meet a guy, and almost immediately ask for a loan? If I were in financial difficulties and someone new in my life offered me money without me even asking, I'd refuse. I have NO DOUBT this is a scam. Your father can't possibly be that naive. If he is, you need to do some research to prove to him it's a scam. Get on Google. Prove it to him. Personally, I'd immediately report this exchange to Match.com. Although it's very possible this person, no longer is a member. They often drop out as soon as they've got a sucker. Then join again using another name. Yes... you have plenty of reason to be worried.

Here's something to read, and your father needs to read too:

http://www.onlinedatingmagazine.com/columns/indust...

Another link from the above site:

http://www.onlinedatingmagazine.com/news2006/onlin...

MUST READ

http://www.wcpo.com/content/news/localshows/dontwa...

There's lots more!!

Match.com is definitely a scam. You will receive a communication from someone, try to communicate back and be told that profile either doesn't exist or is no longer active then be directed to profiles like it. Classic bait and switch tactics. Criminal enterprise masquerading as a legitimate business.

• I my opinion the company Match.com is a scam. Told me I was getting a free trial. What I got was a $95 charge to my credit card up front. Now they say it can not and will not be reversed! I have no way of knowing if they will be crooked enough to charge my account again without me knowing. What a ******* nightmare!

First month: First response was from a Canadian Christian Missionary in Nigeria looking for someone in Pittsburgh, after asking what church she was with I had no response. Got three winks & one likes from non existent profiles close to expiration. After I let it expire I get an email saying I was favorited but have to renew to see her, but then her favorite didn't show up on my timeline when I logged in. Sent about 70 emails 300+/- winks/likes and zero responses and all matches after doing my search were the same. So to me yes it's a scam.

Match.com is a scam. I constantly get winks and emails from women half my age. asking for my phone . Then within a few hours their profile are gone. recently I am getting chat requests with women asking for my phone so they can call. One woman's profile said she lived in Chicago. When i asked her what part of chicago she lived in, she could not answer. When I decided to cancel my membership, i was flooded with Winks & emails from attractive women supposedly who were match.com members.

It was a good site for me. I got enough dates and turned down some. BUT the will rip you off by auto renewing your subscription without you knowing it. They are thieves! I purchased one month subscription and when that month was over they charged me for another month. When I called they said they do customers a favor so they won't have any interruptions in their subscription and miss out on any matches. I said I only wanted a month but they would not reverse the theft they did to me. I'm going through my credit card company disputing it now. They are protesting my dispute by producing their fine print stating that they auto renew your subscription until you call to cancel. MAKE SURE YOU CALL TO CANCEL BEFORE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION IS DONE.

If your father is about to be scammed, he better notify the Match.com people about this right away. Warn him to never give her nothing at all. The woman he's already chatting with now is nothing but an outright fraud. By warning your dad about this now, he can spare of being scammed. You have a right to be worried about your dad in this matter you brought up in this question.

They are an out and out Scam... I paid $50 for 6 months and never wrote or talked to anyone on the site then I see they hit my bank account for $100. I called for a refund and they said sorry. Someone, agency needs to get rid of this crook.... get on face book and blast them for what they did to you. take it on twitter and let them know what crooks they are.

I tried it and made a profile. I thought I was gteeing 6 months for 119.00 but nope it was for one Month LOL. No thank you. Anyway I cancelled it within 2 hours and did not contact anyone. Looked at a few pictures and made the profile. OF COURSE THEY TOOK THE $119.00 Scammers.... try to get a hold of these idiots. LOL

Only a scam if you fall for the people asking for money. There are people on there that take advantage of the gullible. Someone asks for $$$ , end the contact.