What plant is easy to maintain and can grow quickly? Also, what kind of light bulb is best for growing plants?

I have a biology project where I have to grow a plant in a month under artificial light, but the plant has to be easy to maintain and have a woody stem. I also don't know what kind of artificial light fixture to use and what kind of wattage would be best. I don't want it to get to hot for the plants. The... show more I have a biology project where I have to grow a plant in a month under artificial light, but the plant has to be easy to maintain and have a woody stem. I also don't know what kind of artificial light fixture to use and what kind of wattage would be best. I don't want it to get to hot for the plants. The light fixture needs to be inexpensive and easy to find. Thanks for any help!