What are the long term effects of pulmonary hypertension? health care providers only?

my mom has just been diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. im a nurse and i have never heard of this disorder. ive been looking for it in my nursing books and have found nothing. ive tried searching the internet and found some info about it. my question is...if gone untreated what could really happen.. and if... show more my mom has just been diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. im a nurse and i have never heard of this disorder. ive been looking for it in my nursing books and have found nothing. ive tried searching the internet and found some info about it. my question is...if gone untreated what could really happen.. and if treated will it eventually go away or will she always have it? also what is the lifespan of someone with pulmonary hypertension?