Would it be a good idea to get into politics from the Naval Academy?

I am 14 and I am going into High School next year, so I've been thinking of the classes I can take. I'm interested in eventually going to the United States Naval Academy, and becoming maybe a Submarine Officer or a pilot. So basically, would it be possible to go that route and get a degree in Political Science, and after a few years in the Navy running for public office such as senator or governor (yes I have big dreams :D)? Would that make sense? I have been researching past presidents and found that some went to the naval academy. i want to either go that route, or maybe astronaut, or law enforcement. Again, I have big dreams but I feel I am smart enough and self-confident enough to get there. Thank you.

Wow it has only been nine minutes and I only have 7 answers, good advice so far. Keep them coming

Sorry I meant already not only. Okay 8 now..wow. Keep them coming.

Favorite Answer

If you have what it takes to go to the Naval Academy, then you should go regardless of future plans. Yes, being a Naval Officer would help a national polical career. We've had plenty of Presidents, Senators, and Representatives who were graduates of West Point.

Well not a bad dream...but let me give you a tip.

When you apply to the Naval academy you might want to fib a bit and say you want to be a CAREER Naval officer.

They spend a lot of money training people and like to get their money's worth.

Telling them that you want to be a Naval officer as a "stepping stone" to your REAL career may not be the best tactic.

Annapolis and the Submarine Service worked for Jimmy Carter

the naval academy has produced one US president, jimmy carter. what do you think? doesn't speak well for the navy! west point has fared much better. nobody from AF, or coast guard academies yet.

work hard and keep your mind right and you may get it, there is a lot of competition out there, take advantage of all the positive opportunities that you can

i really wish "politician" wasn't considered a career choice.

But yeah, it's a good idea. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AhPvu...

Absolutely no.

yes most defintely:)