Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesBoston · 1 decade ago

Where is the famous "reverse the curse" sign from storrow drive in boston?

I know it was taken down after the sox won in 2004 but who has it and where is the actual sign now? Only curious since it became such an iconic part of the red sox and 86 years of "trouble" lol

Favorite Answer

In some office at the Red Sox Foundation. According to a Globe article (Feb 2006):

"Remember that glorious sign? It was the ''Reverse Curve" sign that was traditionally altered by spray paint to read ''Reverse the Curse," for the Red Sox. Once they won the World Series, some flexible person with a can of spray paint changed the tense to ''Reversed the Curse." Then, Governor Mitt Romney blocked Storrow to take down the sign in a photo op, and it was donated to the Red Sox Foundation, although the state had promised this very column that it would remain untouched."

"We're glad it was taken down, for soon the sign will be auctioned or raffled off to benefit Teddy Ebersol's Red Sox Fields, a private-public partnership to rehabilitate the often flooded ball fields at Lederman Park on the Esplanade near the Longfellow Bridge."

But it was never auctioned off.

Reverse The Curse Sign

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): famous quot reverse curse quot sign storrow drive boston: https://shortly.im/IDCZB

The whole Longfellow Bridge is a source of vandalism. The curse sign was the least of the eyesores there. But now the sign is indeed gone and I don't miss it either.

It was removed while Governor Mitt Romney was still in office. They made such a big deal out of it. I was walking by when I saw this big commotion up by the Longfellow Bridge and as I got closer I saw they were removing that sign after a number of years of vandilism.

And that is all it was, a constant case of vandilism and I regret the punk never got caught.

Source(s): Source: Me, life long (50+ years) resident of Boston.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avYOX

wow fat kid is a moron you know i had not thought of that that would be so hard and yet another Challenge Dizz you amaze me you rock