promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is there a place you can "rent" books?

I have a friend who reads a lot of books, which ends up being a very expensive hobby. I was wondering is there a place to get books and return them when you are done, like netflix, but for books!

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yes, it's called a public library...

go to your local library and ask for a library card...it's free...(except when you have overdue books)....

you can rent out books for a couple of weeks, depends on the library but it's usually about two weeks, and then you return the books....

if you return the books on time then there is no problem, if you don't you get a fine...

it's simple....

Source(s): avid book reader and library user....
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Source(s): Rent To Own Homes : http://RentToOwnHome.iukiy.com/?obnr
  • Um, a library! You get a card for $1, at least it's $1 at our library, and you can get books for free, but only if you have a card. Ask you librarian, they will explain everything. And you can only keep them out for a certain amount of time, so other people can read them, if you get them in late, you have to pay 5 - 10 cents per day. You really don't know what a library is???

• 1 decade ago

I'd go with Bookswim. The service is exactly like what you want - a Netflix for books.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It's called the public library, and it is completely free. other than that, no, i don't think so. u can borrow a copy from a friend, but they prob wont make u pay either. i only buy books i really, really like, and the rest of the time i go to the library.

• 1 decade ago

hmm... good question...

well one place you can "rent BOOKS" is you local public library.

You need a library card to check out books and its free!

You can check out as many books depending on the library

and how long you take them out depends on the library too

WELL... Happy book finding :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

So far there isn't any place online that I am aware of that will allow you to "rent" ebooks, at least fiction ebooks that are not already available free.

But if you want to rent print books netflix style:

http://www.bookswim.com/

http://www.booksfree.com/

these sites allow you to rent books for a fee without a time limit and late fees.

• 1 decade ago

The library! Also, you could just buy books off of Amazon for way cheaper! Or even borrow them from your friend! :) Good Luck!

• 1 decade ago

....are you serious? Ever heard of a public library? It's a big place full of books that you can take out for a set amount of time (about 2 weeks) with no cost as long as you return it on time. Like magic........

lol. Sry I couldn't resist.

• 4 years ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.