Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesJeep · 1 decade ago

can you get into a soft top jeep from the outside?

i was wondering if you can get inside of a soft top jeep from the outside.

also, is it possible to open the hood of the car from the outside? i mean without actually pulling the hood release lever.

Best Answer

On the Jeep Wrangler, you can do both without any damage to the vehicle. To get in, just unzip one of the rear windows. To open the hood, just undo the two latches, and grab the small lever under the middle front of the hood. Both are simple and can be done as long as there are no security measures against getting in.

Yes, It is very easy to get into a Jeep with a soft top. I've locked myself out so many times. You can unzip the windows from the outside and if your body allows you to, climb in threw the windows.

Not sure about the hood question, tho.

there is no hood release lever in a jeep. The hood opens only from the outside.

Yes and Yes

Soft top side and back windows unzip.

As far as the hood, a lot of Jeeps only have external hood latches

Source(s): 20 year mechanic

I installed a aftermarket top on my 98 yJ ,it was made buy best top and it took just under two hours when all said and done. Just take your time and let the top sit in the sun and get warm .you cut the old one out and the new is held in with Velcro. over the windshield are self taping screws , I cut along the windshield to make it easy to access the screws. I started with hanging the top over the rear frame work and worked my way forward this worked well for me . you can do it your self good luck

jeep wranglers dont have a hood latch lever inside the are external on the hood very visiable to see and undo

• M M T

Any soft top or convertible vehicle is pretty easy to get into if you have a little time and a good sharp knife. Once inside, pull the hood release.

i had to open my hood from the outside once. i had to take a hook and grab the release wire from through the grill. but it was tough. took a while. just cut the top and your through. either that or break a window

I bolted a piece of chain under the hood and used a pad lock to secure my hood.

Source(s): I had bad neighbors.
  • BONE°

Hmmm, something tells me this is NOT your Jeep. perhaps

car theft is not your best option for a career move .