14 years old, 8 months pregnant?!?

my sister is a little over 8 months pregnant, im her legal gaurdian. lets just say we are very very poor and can barely afford anything, let alone a car or a phone line...dangerous neighborhood.. very very bad situation...u know dont have time to explain it i just really dont feel like people going "troll"

anyways, my sister started havin pains about an hour ago shes in the bathtub as of now she said the pain subsided a bit .. 11 minutes apart ( i timed them for her) can someone just predict how long until the birth? thats all im asking..i basically spent all of my money going to birthing classes bc i knew we were going to have to deliver it at home..no other uneccessary comments. thank u

also, obviously she wont have any pain meds...so how can i reduce the pain for her?

its a complicated and difficult situation, our father is supposed to be sending us money but ISNT, so NO , we dont have health insurance

you have no idea what my situation is, so please stop acting like that. thank you

Favorite Answer

since she is having the baby so young there is a high risk for complication so i think she does need to have the baby in a hopsital.

if shes that poor a hospital will be provided for yall without having to pay because there are certen hospitals that will treat you out of the goodness of there heart when hey know you cant afford.

i suggest calling a ambulance and tell the paramedics that yall cant afford it and theyll take you to a hopsital

Ok this is a very bad idea. I would not have a child at home unless I had to or the person delivering was a professional. She's 14 so there is a higher risk of complications. I would say if they are 11 minutes apart then you looking at the next couple of hours. I would call 911 or go to a hospital. I can't stress to you enough how important it is to have someone there that knows what they are doing. Don't take the chance. That's great that you went to classes, but by asking what you can give her to reduce the pain shows you should not be doing this yourself.

please call to have her receive some medical attention. paramedics and physicians are well equipped to deliver a baby; she runs the risk of bleeding to death, the baby could easily be choked by the umbilical cord (this happens often even in fully equipped hospitals with 3 doctors in the room), etc. although its tough to pay back a large medical bill, it is far better than losing your loved one to a situation that could have been prevented. i wont tell you when the birth will likely happen, because there is no way i will condone you delivering the baby yourself. also, shes 14- her risks are tripled. dont do something this stupid. it will end in tragedy. and dont let that moron above tell you adoption is horrible because the "poor thing will be out of place". a 14 year old child as a mother would make me feel pretty damn out of place, and since you are too financially strapped to even go to a free clinic, you cant afford to properly take care of this child.

Source(s): medical student

okay, what happened to health insurance? take her to the hospital, and they'd definitely work something out. trying to have a baby without the help of a professional is dangerous and can be fatal.

there will be someone there to help you in such a situation, so this question doesn't seem legit.

btw, where did this computer come from if you obviously can't afford it?

Seriously. unless you have VERY well trained and experienced midwives, or unless you are an OBGYN.. your sister should NOT have birth alone at home... she could die.. there's just too much that can go wrong..

Call the paramedics.. take her to the ER.. they'll work out the finance with you later... I'm sure you qualify for low-cost

she NEEDS to be attended by a professionally trained healthcare provider...

Seriously.. she could die.. so could the baby.. do NOT attempt to do this without medical professional help.

If you are poor and have no health insurance go deliver at the hospital and let them know there is no insurance and they can give you papers to apply for medicaid while she's in labor.

Also, if you can't afford a phone or a car why do you pay for high speed internet?

ok, so this is happening and the first thing to go through your mind is

"oh my gosh I'd better see what the people on Yahoo! Answers think I should do!"

certainly not mentally capable of delivering a baby.

how can you reduce the pain for her? birthing process is painful. it is the natural way.

there are free birthing classes look on line.

ask your Doual about all these questions... she's experienced with home births and pain easing it's part of her job.

by the way, most home births are more expensive compared to free clinics.

Hospitals also have financial aid.

take her to the hospital, they will take her without health insurance. she needs to have medical professionals to take care of her and the baby. what if something goes wrong? you won't be prepared for that or know what to do..get help!

You need to comfort your sister and get thee to a hospital- this is serious and you need to be her to a hospital! Get insurannce later and borrow money later you need to call 911