Recommend any good indie music bands?

just watched nick and norah's playlist. really liked the music in the soundtrack. any other similar sounding bands?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Terra
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

heres a bunch that i like.. ive been making a list of bands ive been into lately.. so here it is (what i have so far)

marcus foster

bobby long

^these two are my favorite ^

robert pattinsons

johnny flynn

terry reid, samantha heard, tom waits, langhorne slim, bob dylan, m. ward, dawn kinnard, sister rosetta tharp, nina simone, blind willie johnson, the band, otis redding, john jacob niles, mahalia jackson, karen dalton, willie write, roberta flack, the doors, howlin wolf, leadbelly, victoria, spivey, billy holliday, joni michell, alela diane, odetta, joe wilkes, bjork, tim buckley, jeff buckley, michael ruffus, john martyn, emmy the great, the rolling stones, van morrison, nick cave and the bad seeds, muddy waters, son house, nick drake, nico, joanna newsom, the andrew sisters, bat for lashes, the pogues, arcade fire, radio head, ray charles, otic reading, mississippi, john hurt, rickie lee, jones, woody guthrie, del sloan, bill evans, sam lindsey, sam harley, frey smith, georgia ptohides, lauren fulson, jack teagarden, gram parsons, emmy lou harris, skip ames, rufus, wain wright, vay lamontagne, joni michell, eliott smith, dean martin, tim hans smith, crosby sills n hash, brandon benson ario gutherie, woody gutherie, qotsa, led zeppelin, jimi hendrix, the dissodatives, billy childish, eels, ryan adams, willy mason, leonard cohen, louis armstrong, the pogues, jerome k jerome, robert johnen, miles davis, melanie, buca white neil young, the dubliners spide milligon, nat king cole, iron and white, tommy nakem, the clancey brothers, nick drake, a crash in the weeds when its raining, chopping wood in the night with a rusty spoon, pela

and heres an older list (from my myspace)

the sword, fiona apple, eddie veder, the color fred, silverchair, justin nozuka. new order, erin mccarley, the cure, scouting for girls, the future heads, gold frapp, johnny flynne, cold play, snow patrol, radio head, talking heads, queens of the stone age, james, kicks, laura marling, the ads, infadels, the kooks, red hot chili peppers, fear of music, feeder, emiliana torrini, blur, foals, the fratellis, joe lean & the jing jang jong, the network, guillemots, the duke spirit, black keys, clik clik, super grass, i was a cub scout, to my boy, feist, blood red shoes, duffy, may day parade, the bravery, tom petty, ingrid michealson, devo, frou frou, rilo kiley, eisley, stereophonics, joy divisioin, subways, tenth avenue north, tv on the radio, interpol, we are scientists, josiah lemming, dido, young love, Los Campesinos, the maccabees, gyroscope breed, the hoosiers, evermore, dirty pretty things, yoav, noah & the whale, the decemberists, meg & dia, portishead, frank turner, katy perry, muse, the enemy, new found glory, tapes & tapes, haunts, fighting with wire, pete & the pirates, morrissey, vampire weekend, death cab for cutie, does it offend you, yeah?, gnarls barkley, johnny flynne, cold play, snow patrol, racho head, talking heads, queens of the stone age, the ads, kevin drew, black keys, fear of music, feeder, fox boros hot tubs, kicks, guillemots, james, kicks, laura marling, the duke spirit, blur, florence & the machine, misfits, joe lean & the jing jang jong, the kooks, the most serene republic, super grass, i was a cub scout, to my boy, feist, blood red shoes, may day parade, the bravery, tom petty, rilo kiley, eisley, sereophonics, joy division, subways, tenth avenue north, tv on the radio, interpol, josiah lemming, dido, devo, kasabian, backseat goodbye, david evan, honorary title, jose gonzalas, paper rival, the white stripes, rodrigo y gabriella, david archuleta :], heavens, bob marley, the scene aesthetic, tokyo police club, ben deignan, teddy geiger, tilly and the wall, iron and wine, grizzly bear, the doors, kings of leon, frightened rabbit, Ray Lamontagne, biffy clyro, nerina pallot, bayside, spitalfield, emery, brand new, hot hot heat, armor for sleep, rush of fools, 33 miles, sublime, Death from above 1979, yeah yeah yeahs, Brendan Losch, the telescopes, meiko, kina grannis, mesa drive, mandi perkins, 311, bob marley, reel big fish, lilly allen, peter tosh, chuck berry, animal collective, jimmy eat world, augustana, one repulic, the new frontiers, brobecks, goodmorning maxfield, jimi hendrix, libbie linton, the mollies, faded paper figures, sean kingston, the shins, black keys, jamie scott and the town, shiney toy guns, the arcade fire, underoath, franz ferdinand, the cat empire, Ani difranco, Kate miller heidke, sarah mcleod, xavier rudd, modest mouse, MIA, flyleaf, cocorosie, regina spektor, the thrill, the postal service, amy kuney, Green and Gray by Nickel Creek

Ben Folds, Ben Kweller, Landon Pigg-falling in love at a coffee shop, Sia, Imogen Heap, Everyday Sunday, All TIme Low, The Spill Canvas, we the kings, Every Avenue, Rilo Kiley, Secondhand Serenade, Mayday Parade, by Kill Hannah, The Road Less Traveled, Falling Up, Priscilla Ahn, OH Child by Nevertheless, Shawn Mullins, This Providence, The Format, Keane, Fair, Emerson Hart, Aiden Hawken,Matt White, noxshi, cat stevens, the walkmen, the cobbs, black rebel motorcycle club, the subways, dirty pretty things, the olympic dragons, pixies, justin nozuka, gregory and the hawk, scouting for girls, david evan, out of the blue, never shout never, ram jam, k's choice, petula clark, hot hot heat, oasis, light speed champion, sam sparro, air

• 1 decade ago

Death cab for cutie, The shins, Keane, Wilco, Vampire Weekend

• 1 decade ago

Oh trust me. Please please give my play-list a look. I think you'll like it.

--Andrew bird. <--He's so great!

--Film School.

--Kings of Convenience. <--I love them.

--Blind Pilot.

--The National. <--I love them.

--The Young Knives.

--The Futureheads.

--Faunts.

--Starfucker. <--Sorry for the language.

--Say Hi.

--The Cribs.

--The Myraid.

--Neon Neon.

--Datarock.

--Department Of Eagles.

--The Posies.

--The Rakes.

--Tapes n' Tapes.

--Whitley.

--Built To Spill.

--Greg Laswell.

--The Morning Benders.

--Snowden.

--Everybody Else.

--As Tall As Lions.

Source(s): I love that moview.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.