Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

What does, "Let's just stay friends for now, and see what happens." mean?

I told a dude I liked him and thats what he said.

so, i know it means exactly what it says, but does that lean more towards him liking me, or NOT liking me?

Favorite Answer

just stay friends with him with no expectations.

he is feeling pressured because he feels that you want more.

perhaps he has someone else in mind, but dont let that

bother you.

a couple is a couple because they both want to be a couple,

not because one pressured the other into it.

be yourself, and allow him to be himself.

Appreciate the fact that he is honest and at the moment, he is not into you and this is where most people struggle with their ego and not listen to the Id - if he is not into you - you should not spend time wondering why or how you can make him like you more, but move on.

The ego fights with the rational thinking Id and makes you wonder am I good enough, or pretty enough - however, this guy might be interested in someone or have other issues going on in his life that makes him feel a relationship is not what he can handle at the moment.

Be his friend and if you want to wait around until he either changes his thoughts or decides not to act on your invitation - that is solely up to you - be glad he is a nice guy, and accept that he just might not be what you think he is and not for you at all.

that means he wants to keep you as back up and he probably has someone else who's his first choice. Do you want to be second choice for a guy? There are lots of men out there! Don't bother with this guy and go out there, find a guy who will make you his first choice! Have more pride in yourself and move on to meet a guy who will treat you like you deserve to be treated: as his #1 choice. Don't even bother to be friends with this guy.

Personally, I think men who say this is very manipulative. You are either just friends or dating. What he says means, 'I want you to stay where you are as my back up'. I know emotions are hard to deal with esp if you like him, but you need to be logical and put your self-worth first and stop communicating with this guy. He'll want your attention when his 1st choice girl doesn't give him the attention, so don't offer him any of your time.

he doesnt like you

I know somewhere we get excited about the words ';see what happens"

Best thing to do is make him see what he is missing. :-)

Flirt up a storm, make friends with everyone, take pride in your apearance let him see that you are an amazing person who loves life and can have fun no matter what.

He might start liking you. But for now he has turned you down... though he has done it very nicely... be happy being friends

• mac66

It means nothing is going to happen. He's leaning more toward NOT liking you. I'm really sorry, but I think you need to move on. Good luck.

Ive been told this before and even if it may seem's like a not so good thing it is.It mean's he or she is not ready to jump into thing's right away for any reason that is,the past who know's,but they are interested in getting to know you first.That itself is good so respect it and let it flow if it's ment to be it will best of luck ♥

There are 3 possibilities on his mind:

1. He doesn't like you but would like to get to know you better

2. He's not ready to be in a relationship right now.

3. Or he's doing it the nicest way in order to not offend you because he deosn't really like you.

It means he isn't sure. It's a responsible answer. If he lives up to his sayings than he is an honest person.

If he is willing to engage in intimacy with you, then he just means that he isn't interested in being exclusive and just wants to have sex.

BUT, if he is not having sex with you then he really just wants to be sure before making a commitment and potentially hurting you.

Lets be honest. It means he doesn't like you. If he di, he would have taken the chance when it was offered. He is happy to keep you hanging though - in case nothing better comes along. Don't waste your time and don't let yourself be used. Find someone who likes you as much as you like them - it will be much better for you.

Like someone said above, he's got you as a reserve prize or is very unsure of his own sexuality. Leave him alone and go for someone else.