Computer Forensics + Programming?

I am looking into the field of computer forensics as a career. Right now I am in high school. I have an opportunity to take a class (class description) " this program is for individuals who are interested in applying, designing and implementing computer programs. Students enrolled in this program will be introduced to the decremental concepts of computer programming and computer science using programming languages such as C/C++, Sun Java, and C#, developed on Microsoft, Linus and/or Unix operating systems, The program curricula emphasizes both structured and object oriented programming. Students will build a variety of software applications using problem analysis, data programming, web programming data structure, the design and development of database applications, and robotics programming. Students learn through both lecture and lab components, as they made extensive use of the latest tools to develop applications in these area. Students can use this program as a foundation for post-secondary study in the area of computer science." Pretty much would anyone highly recommend i take this?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Seems to be a good basis for further studies.

However, if Forensic is what you are looking for, you will have also to learn deep hardware electronics and very low level coding (assembler, even binary).

The reason is that forensics will have to try recovering data from a crashed/erased hard drive (among many other things), and this involves working in an electronic clean room lab with very sophisticated electronic equipment. - Try to read the cockpit digital voice recorder after a plane crash, from a pile of half burnt junk, for example.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Take it.

=

Long-winded description.

=

Is this a high school class?

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.