Why is GE advertising their smart grid technology so heavily?

They had a advertisement about their smart grid technology at the super bowl. They have their advertisements on you tube. Why are they advertising to people who I don't think can place their dollar vote on such technologies.

Favorite Answer

To gain Govt. Bailout Money when they fail. They are planting seeds that they are a must keep company--My Broker tried to get me to buy them when they fell below 50, then 40, then 30... now that GE is under 10, that Broker does not call anymore but I have been calling him asking if it is now OK to buy GE since he has wanted me to buy it for the past 40 dollars per share--he does not answer that question. As with most brokers, he has no clue what drives a market. I have been trading more years than he has been alive and know what all markets know--Socialism kills Capitalism---the bloodletting is not over.

because they can