crusader asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why are guns and ammo. selling so fast?

My daughter bought a pistol today and the store owner told her that his business is at an all time high in sales, does anyone know why this may be, I am hoping that I am wrong for what I am thinking.

27 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Democrats are in office and people want to get their weapons before any legislation to increase restrictions is passed.

• GunnyC
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Gone green-handgun sales have been between 200% to 300% of average since the election and when you buy a weapon you buy ammo. Time magazine, television, newspapers have allreorted on it at various times during the last four months so it really isn't a secret. Maybe if you actually read or looked a things yourself instead of waiting for some one to tell you what to say or think you would not ask for a link on what is pretty much common knowledge, Fools and their money are soon parted is a good saying but weapons are increasing in value quite nicely so make a good investment as well as good insurance for keeping your investment. HR45 is one reason, the AG who says the Supreme Court is wrong for the third time in saying the 2nd Amendment is an individual right and soes not efer to NG and military ony, President Obama's stated beliefs in the same when a state legislature and Senator, Vice President Biden's views being the same, Schumer, Frank, Pelosi all saying the same and now in control. I buy mine because I happen to enjoy target shooting as a hobby and don't plan to shoot any one with them; haven't done that in many years and didn't enjoy it then, and I don't hunt (have and would if I felt the need or wanted too) but do like target shooting. Another old saying is that it is better to have and not need then to need and not have; let he who is without sword sell his cloak and buy one (yes the bible says self defense and being prepared to so is a good thing) but for the main part I just happen to believe in the Constitutional freedoms as written and as the people who wrote them said it was for and lastly I firmly believe the main purpose for the individual right written in the 2nd Amendment was to ensure the people had a means of preserving the rest. Note-Should explain to educated liberals that the term hillbilly is a northern term; actually the Southern term is ridge runners. I am one. The television show used Beverley Hillbilly's and people thought that was actually the correct term not knowing it was initially used to describe people who lived in the Northern end of the Appalachian chain.

• Obama was named as 2008's Gun Salesman of the Year. Even though the US Supreme Court upheld the right to keep and bear arms, Congress and BO will try to ban "assault" weapons (even though they cannot clearly define what an assault weapon is, and the ones that they do ban will have equivalents among rifles that are will not be banned...just getting technical). They will also put heavy burdens on people to be able to buy ammunition and high-capacity magazines. THey will use bogus regulations like the environment to do this. Also, gun owners expect to see taxes on ammo go up 500%, making it prohibitively expensive to buy ammo. Congress and Obama are also currently taking steps to ban the sale of machinery which can manufacture ammo (there are a lot of people who make their own ammo at home--it's cheaper than buying it from the store). There are a lot of people in this country who hunt for meat to feed their families, so this would place burdens on them, too.

• 1 decade ago

One possible reason is the increasingly restrictive nature of our governmental system. Some legislators seem to favor an all but outright repeal of the right to keep and bear arms. Ever since 2001, more and more freedoms are lost as the "government" seeks to "protect" us from criminals, terrorists, etc by limiting or outlawing our behavior and seeking more and more access to our private lives. If you do a Google search for keywords Obama and "gun sales" you will find many news articles covering this topic. Gun sales surged tremendously after Obama was elected.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Because people are afraid that there will eventually be a ban on handguns, rifles, automatics, and ammunition. What the government intends to do I think is make the ammunition so expensive that no one could afford it, so that is why there is going to be a run on guns. Also government afraid of an insurrection by the people..Who knows.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you're thinking like the rest of us, this new gaggle of warthogs in DC are out to tear down the 2nd amendment, and that will provoke a civil war in the US.

In the meantime, we will continue to build our arsenals, and prepare ourselves for the first move from the anti christ and his loyal freak show.

If nothing comes of it, that's fine. At least we won't be caught with our pants down, if it does come about.

• 1 decade ago

Because those of us with a brain know that this love affair that the media has with GLORIOUS LEADER is moving us toward a very scary communist-like system

We must protect ourselves from a government based in tyranny - just like the Declaration of Independence says

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This usually happens every time the gun grabbers (democrats) get into office. The higher that usual rise in firearms sales during this gun grabber administration is more than likely people seeking protection from roving bands of hoodlums that undoubtedly be everywhere as the economy worsens.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Taxes

the taxes on guns and ammo are going up soon.

• 1 decade ago

To protect ourselves from...

Hitler had his Brownshirts ... Obama has his civilian national security forces coming down the pike.

"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded." -- Barack Obama

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.