Why is there so many plane crashes lately?

There was Hudson, the plane that left from Newark, and now Amsterdam?

Favorite Answer

There aren't so many. It's just media coverage.

If you want scary sensationalism, watch the news. If you want facts, look up the statistics. There is nothing unsafe about air travel, and there is no overall increase in crashes.

• I don't know but it's really worrying because I have a 24 hour flight at the beginning of April and I'm really scared of planes as it is but my friend even said there were lot's of plane crashed recently and she never notices things like that.

Apparently it's due to ice but i think it's because of cost-cutting as someone else had mentioned and the lack of training.

Because, the planes get icy and the pilots, airport people, and whoever checks the planes don't notice the ice, and it's starting to get warmer in the Northern Hemisphere. And the birds are coming back from the South or East or North or West or wherever they come from so they are flying into the engines.

Well there no real answer but I guess the closest answer is that the planes have been crashing dew to problems with the plane and really dumb birds ( Hudson crash)

• muncie

Yeah yet while a airplane is going down and takes hundreds of lives, its a similar element as a pair of couple hundred vehicle crashes. vehicle crashes are VERY infrequently deadly, airplane crashes are very quite often deadly for each guy or woman on board. i think of the international is ending or something. 2 interior the previous month that killed over 3 hundred human beings total...f'ed up sh** guy

Or maybe the question should be, Why wasn't there so many plane crashes before?

I'm just messing but I don't know it's quite worrying.

I have no proof (hopefully the federal government will soon), but I believe it has to do with cost-cutting, as in lack of qualified mechanics, other maintenance personnel, and use of inferior materials in repairs.

I was gonna ask the same thing!

cost-savings

hehe

the end is coming