Our landlord entering property without permission?

We are leaving a rental property in a few weeks, and the landlord entered the property without our permission to show prospective tennants while we were at work. Our babysitter has strict and specific instructions not to let anyone in the home, but he insisted he left us a message. Because we were working very late... show more We are leaving a rental property in a few weeks, and the landlord entered the property without our permission to show prospective tennants while we were at work. Our babysitter has strict and specific instructions not to let anyone in the home, but he insisted he left us a message. Because we were working very late the evening before we didn't get the message until it was too late. I know he needs to give notice before entering, but how much notice, and are messages included in that notice?
Update: -We currently have no lease, its just a month to month agreement -We asked him to give us 24 notice before showing the home. -He has other numbers to contact both my husband and I while we are at work. -He seems bitter because while trying to raise our rent we decided not to aggree to the new lease/charges, and... show more -We currently have no lease, its just a month to month agreement
-We asked him to give us 24 notice before showing the home.
-He has other numbers to contact both my husband and I while we are at work.
-He seems bitter because while trying to raise our rent we decided not to aggree to the new lease/charges, and to move instead, and we think he is being difficult out of spite.